BEING A STAFF MEMBER AT IONIAN VILLAGE...
Working as a Staff Member for Ionian Village should not be viewed as a vacation. You will be expected to work a 24-hour day, 7 days a week while camp is in session. While demanding, it is an extremely rewarding experience.
Ionian Village covers your round trip airfare between JFK and ATH at the start and end of your summer commitment. Any deviations from this must be approved in advance by the Director and are at your own expense. Your acceptance as a staff member also includes all meals and accommodations while you are working during the camp sessions. Travel to New York is at your own expense. Any personal shopping while camp is in session is at your own expense. You are responsible for your own travel, lodging, and meals during the three day break in-between sessions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Staff Member responsibilities at Ionian Village include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct supervision of a cabin of 12 to 18 campers with one or two other staff members.
- Supervision of all aspects of the campers’ day: prep times, chapel, cabin clean-up, meals, daily and evening activities, and at all times during excursions.
- Assignment to a specific department, planning and execution of department activities.
- Assignment to and execution of specific duties on trips.
- Assistance in airport pick-up and drop-off in Athens.
- Other duties as assigned by the Admin Staff.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Expectations of our Staff Members include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be able and committed to work the entire summer program. If you are accepted and are no longer able to meet the needs of the program, please be prepared to resign your acceptance.
- Acceptance of all Staff Members is contingent on a background check.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, recognizing that we are guests of the Greek Government and representatives of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
- Be a positive Orthodox Christian role model for campers and others, which includes adhering to camp policies and rules, maintaining cleanliness, punctuality, sportsmanship, table manners, proper dress attire and Orthodox faith and morality.
- Be willing, open, and able to work with teenagers.
- No alcohol, drugs or illegal substances while in Greece.
- No acting out of any kind.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, spiritual health and safety of the campers.
- Execute and support the camp policies and procedures.
- Work well in close proximity with others throughout the summer.
- Be willing to take charge and motivate others.
- Be able to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Exercise extreme care in all interpersonal relationships involving staff members and campers.
- Unprofessional conduct will not be tolerated and may be grounds for dismissal.
- Staff Members may be sent home or asked to leave the program at any time at the discretion of the Camp Director.
STAFF APPLICATION PROCESS
The Staff Application open December 17, 2022 and must be completed online by the deadline of January 17, 2023. The written application is linked below. References and the video portion must be submitted prior to the deadline for the application to be considered. Once all of these are received, a video interview will be scheduled with the selection committee.
- A video, no longer than 90 seconds, uploaded to the platform of your choice (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, etc)
- Uses the hashtag #PickMeForIV2023
- Is a unique and creative expression of your talents and skills
- Showcases your personality, not your resume!
- Shared publicly online, with a link sent directly to the Office of Ionian Village at [email protected]