IV On-the-Go is the traveling retreat program of the Office of Ionian Village that promises to give the young people of your home parish a taste of our unique and interactive approach to youth ministry. Ionian Village has always been a travel program. While we can’t possibly transport the entire country of Greece, we realized that we can travel with our enthusiasm, our energy, and our crazy ideas to bring the Ionian Village experience to as many young people as possible. IV On-the-Go provides the opportunity for even more young people to interact with the amazing Ionian Village ministry right here in America. Just like at camp, participants will encounter our Orthodox faith in an up close and unforgettable way. IV On-the-Go is a fun and engaging ministry for the youth of our Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, and is open to every parish and youth group in the U.S. running from September to April annually.
Each IV On-the-Go program can cater to the individual needs and availability of your parish, from a one-day retreat, a lock-in, an overnight trip, or even a full weekend-long retreat. All we ask of our host parish is to provide a venue, food, and the participants and we do the rest! Our team takes care of everything from creating a schedule, writing content, and bringing all the supplies for our exciting faith-centered events. Best of all, each IV On-the-Go program is supervised and led by experienced members of our Ionian Village Team from all over the country. As an added bonus, there is NO COST to our parishes for this amazing ministry!
IV On-the-Go programs include a mix of energetic and athletic activities, creative sessions, and engaging and thought-provoking discussions, all designed to establish a level of comfort and trust with our Staff Members and to ultimately foster an environment of growth and reflection.
A Sample IV On-the-Go program might include:
- Team Building Activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Athletic Events
- Orthodox Life Style Discussions
- Devotional & Prayer
In order to set up an IV On-The-Go, take these simple steps!
- Fill out the initial request form Here, which will provide our team with some basic information. Please note IV On-The-Go runs from September-April. Weekend dates operate on a first come first serve basis. To reserve a set of dates, please fill out the request form.
- After we receive the form, the office of Ionian Village will reach out to set up the event.
- Permissions and forms: once the dates have been requested, more information from us will be sent, including a permission form to send to the Bishop of your metropolis.
- Advertising! Our team will work with you to get the word out about your upcoming IV On-The-Go.
To reserve a date for IV On-the-Go, please fill out the request form above. Once that form has been recieved, our team will reach out with next steps! For any questions, please contact the Office of Ionian Village at [email protected] or by calling us at 212-570-3536.