We need your help to continue to provide campers with faith and friendships to last a lifetime. Whether you're interested in becoming a member of our summer staff, summer clergy, or medical staff, we are glad to have you!
Ionian Village depends upon its highly motivated and energetic Staff Members, each of whom is selected through a careful application process. Applicants must be Greek Orthodox and at least 21 years old by June 10, 2023. Staff commitment is June 10 - August 12, 2023.
We ask you to keep in mind a few things while applying to be on Staff. Applying to be a Staff Member at Ionian Village means you…
- Are ready to devote yourself fully, not only to the mission of Ionian Village, but also to our campers and our faith
- Enjoy working with youth and encouraging them to grow in our faith
- Are able to dedicate a whole summer to Ionian Village (serving one session is not an option)
- Are excited about traveling around Greece with teenagers, learning with them, and acting as a spiritual and physical guide
- Are a dependable individual and exhibit good character
- Want to become a positive influence in the lives of our youth
- Take an active role in our faith
- Work well with others in a close environment, knowing when to be a leader and when to be a follower
- Are ready to give 150% of your energy at all times
- Are willing to take on the intense and demanding physical commitment that is expected of our Staff
- Can love those around you unconditionally
2023 Staff Applications are now closed.
Members of the Ionian Village Summer Staff are responsible for carrying out the mission of Ionian Village: To enrich the lives of its participants with a living, vibrant experience of Greek Orthodox Christianity and a rich, textured immersion into their Greek heritage, culture and language. Our Staff is one of the most crucial elements of the success of the program. If you think you have what it takes and you want to have the best summer of your life, apply to be a part of something special!
As a clergyman, your role at Ionian Village is invaluable. In addition to participating in all aspects of the program, including all activities and trips, you will also assist in overseeing the spiritual life of the camp. Serving Ionian Village should not be looked at as a vacation. You will be expected to be “on-call” at all times, and are encouraged to immerse yourself and your family in the program with the campers. Although demanding, it is an extremely rewarding experience.
The Medical Staff is responsible for supervising and maintaining the health and safety standards of the camp, and will work with the Camp Director to ensure the health and safety of all campers and staff. All potential Medical Staff Members should be aware of the Medical Staff Responsibilities before applying to be a part of the Ionian Village experience.
Boys Director / Girls Director
The Ionian Village Boys Director and Girls Director are responsible for supporting cabin staff during the summer program at Ionian Village. The Boys Director and Girls Director act as a liaison between the Admin/Office Staff and the cabin staff. They are an integral support to the overall program to ensure clear communication and readiness of program operations.
The Ionian Village Logistics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all logistical systems are in place, as well as keeping track of all the logistical duties. All admin and summer staff rely on them to create and maintain professional, smooth, and well-organized environments at camp.
The Ionian Village Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all all camp documents and office programing is created and communicated accurately. The Program Coordinator owns all the documents, lists, finances, schedules, and information moving in and out of the office between the Admin team and the cabin Staff.