Ionian Village Medical Staff are responsible for carrying out the mission of Ionian Village: To provide our campers with a life-transforming experience by bringing them closer to our Orthodox faith and Hellenic culture. Our staff is one of the most crucial elements of the success of the program.
Ionian Village accepts all applications for Medical Staff, and we are especially looking for young, energetic doctors, nurse practioners, and nurses that are active in their faith, have recent youth work or camping experience (preferred but not required), and are excited about working in a fast-paced, rugged camp environment.
Ionian Village Medical Staff Responsibilities
- To oversee all aspects of health and safety of campers and staff at Ionian Village, while working within the framework of the established Ionian Village program and policies under the direction of the Camp Director.
- To secure, dispense, and oversee all medications (OTC and prescription) administered at camp.
- To provide all aspects of medical care and supervision of any medical problems while maintaing accurate records of all interactions.
- To comply with all of the policies and procedures of the Ionian Village program, as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
- To be an active and present part of the Ionian Village program, and to contribute to the Christ-centered environment.
- To chaperone the group to and from Greece, and only in the case that there is enough coverage will you be able to extend, at the discretion of the director.
Medical Staff Travel & Registration Expenses:
Ionian Village covers your round trip airfare between JFK and ATH at the start and end of the program session you are serving. Any deviations from this must be approved in advance by the Director and are at your own expense. As we rely on our Medical Staff and Clergy to chaperone campers to and from Greece, please clear any additional travel in Greece prior to or after the program session dates with the Director.
Children of Medical Staff participating in Ionian Village as campers may receive a discount on the registration cost.
Medical Staff are responsible for the cost of travel between JFK and ATH at the start and end of the program session for any additional family members who wish to join you during your time at Ionian Village.
MEDICAL STAFF APPLICATION PROCESS
The Medical Staff Application process includes the online application and the interview. The application will open on December 26 and must be completed online. All supplemental documents must be received by the deadline of January 26, 2022. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
PART 1: THE ONLINE APPLICATION
In order to complete the following online application, please be prepared to:
- Read and understand the expectations of an Ionian Village Medical Staff Member.
- Allow yourself approximately 40 minutes to complete this application.
- Upload a photograph of yourself.
- Answer questions regarding your personal, employment, education, and camp history.
- List any certifications you currently hold, such as Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid etc.
- Answer questions regarding your medical history, including vaccinations and medications.
- Respond to essay questions about why you feel you are ready to serve as an Ionian Village Medical Staff Member.
PART 2: THE INTERVIEW
Once we have received your application and your file is considered complete, you will be contacted by the Office of Ionian Village to set up a time for your interview via Zoom with members of our Administration team.
Lastly, we ask you to keep in mind a few things while applying. Applying as a Medical Staff Member at Ionian Village means you…
- Are ready to devote yourself fully to our campers and our faith
- Are 21 or older (as of June 12, 2022)
- Enjoy working with youth and encouraging them in our faith
- Are able to dedicate either the whole summer or an entire session, including Arrival and Departure Days
- Are excited about traveling around Greece with teenagers, learning with them, and acting as a spiritual and physical guide
- Are a dependable individual and exhibit good character
- Want to become a positive influence in the lives of our youth
- Take an active role in our faith
- Work well with others in a close environment, knowing when to be a leader and when to be a follower
- Are ready to give 150% of your energy at all times
- Are ready to take on the intense and demanding physical commitment that is expected of our Staff
- Can love those around you unconditionally
If these things sound like you, then you should apply to be a part of the Ionian Village Medical Staff!
Medical Staff Applications open December 17, 2022 - January 17, 2023.